When confirming the content and quality of this report, some of the GRI Standards, established by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and published in 2016 or 2018, were used as reference. We strive to maintain and improve the quality of our reports in compliance with the Ten Reporting Principles of GRI Standards, so that stakeholders can correctly assess the Group’s corporate activities. In addition, we are improving the content of the report by taking into consideration the expectations and interest in the Group and the opinions on information deemed necessary obtained through opportunities for engagement with the stakeholders.
|for defining report content||
|for defining report quality||
We have finalized the boundaries of the content and the items in this report, taking into consideration factors including the organization’s activities, their impact, and substantial expectations and interest of stakeholders.
We report on the activity results for each of the seven “Priority Themes” in CSR of the Group, regarding the present or future impact the Group’s corporate activities have on the economy, environment, and society. Items that are thought to have a substantial impact on the economy, the environment, and society and could have a practical impact on the evaluation and decision-making of stakeholders, such as the Group’s mission, business strategy, and the stakeholders’ expectations and interests have been positioned as the “material aspect (materiality)” and are reported under the title “TOPIC.”
In addition, this report serves as a Communication on Progress (COP). Through this report, we will provide information to our stakeholders regarding our efforts related to the “United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)” and its principles.
This report takes into consideration the organization’s governance and among the entities covered in consolidated financial reports, reports on the activities of Toyo Tire Corporation and Toyo Tire Group companies (and affiliate companies excluding companies accounted for by equity method). In this report, when disclosing information about the Toyo Tire Corporation as a single entity, it will be referred to as “Toyo Tire Corporation” or “the Company.” When disclosing information about the entire Group, it will be referred to as “TOYO TIRE” or “the Group.” In addition, when disclosing information about each of the Group’s companies, the name of each company will be stated. Furthermore, all Group companies under TOYO TIRE HOLDINGS OF AMERICAS INC. will be referred to as “TTHA Group” and all Group companies under TOYO TIRE EUROPE GMBH will be referred to as “TTE Group.”
- *Please refer to the Financial Results for the entities that are covered in the consolidated financial reports.
- ** The Toyo Tire Group liquidated Sendai Service Co., Ltd. and Kuwana Service Co., Ltd. in December 2019 for business downsizing, and dissolved Nitto Japan Co., Ltd. and Nitto Tire Canada Inc. in January 2020 for business integration.
Also, the air suspension business for truck and bus tires will be separated from Toyo Tire Corporation and Toyo Chemical Industrial Products Co., Ltd. by the end of June 2020. As a result, structures of relevant organizations and their supply chains, as well as terms of contracts with business partners, will be different in 2020 and beyond. Please note that some data reported herein contain numbers for these companies.
- ***Restatement of information, changes in reports: In this report, some data may be different from previously-published data due to a change in the range of calculation.
Group Companies (consolidated subsidiaries): 37 Companies *as of the end of April 2020
|Japan:||Fukushima Rubber Co., Ltd., Toyo Soflan Co., Ltd., Ayabe Toyo Rubber Co., Ltd., Toyo Tires Logistics Co., Ltd., Toyo Tire Japan Co., Ltd., Toyo Chemical Industrial Products Co., Ltd., Showa Estate Co., Ltd., Orient Machinery Co., Ltd., F.T.G Co., Ltd.,|
|Americas:||TTHA Group (TOYO TIRE HOLDINGS OF AMERICAS INC., TOYO TIRE U.S.A. CORP., NITTO TIRE U.S.A. INC., TOYO TIRE NORTH AMERICA OE SALES LLC, TOYO TIRE NORTH AMERICA MANUFACTURING INC., TOYO TIRE CANADA INC., NT MEXICO S. DE R.L. DE C.V.), TOYO AUTOMOTIVE PARTS (USA), INC., TMM (USA), INC., TOYO AUTOMOTIVE PARTS DE MEXICO, S.A. DE C.V.|
|Europe:||TTE Group (TOYO TIRE EUROPE GMBH, TOYO TIRE DEUTSCHLAND GMBH, TOYO TYRE (UK) LTD., TOYO TIRE BENELUX B.V., TOYO TIRE ITALIA S.P.A), TOYO TIRE RUS LLC|
|Asia/Oceania:||TOYO TYRE AND RUBBER AUSTRALIA LTD., SILVERSTONE BERHAD, SILVERSTONE MARKETING SDN BHD, SILVERSTONE PLOYMER INDUSTRIES SDN BHD, TOYO TYRE MALAYSIA SDN BHD, TOYO TYRE SALES AND MARKETING MALAYSIA SDN BHD、TOYO RUBBER CHEMICAL PRODUCTS (THAILAND) LIMITED, TOYO TIRE (THAILAND) CO., LTD., TOYO TIRE (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD., TOYO TIRE ZHANGJIAGANG CO., LTD., TOYO TIRE (ZHUCHENG) CO., LTD., TOYO TIRE (ZHUCHENG) CO., LTD.|
- *Company that completed liquidation on December 31, 2019, due to business integration (2 companies):
Sendai Service Co., Ltd., Kuwana Service Co., Ltd.
- *Company that dissolved on January 2020 for business integration (2 companies):
Nitto Japan Co., Ltd. (Merging Company: Toyo Tire Japan Co., Ltd.)
Nitto Tire Canada Inc. (Merging Company: TOYO TIRE CANADA INC.)
From January 2019 to December 2019
- *More recent information (up to April 2020) is included in some parts of the report.
Once a year
- *Previous Publish: July 2019
Approve the Report by the governance body
Executive Committee approved the report in June 2020
Contact point for questions regarding the report
Toyo Tire Corporation
General Affairs Dept., Corporate Infrastructure Division
- Message from the President
- CSR Policy
- Value Chain and SDGs
- Priority Theme 1: Product and Service Reliability and Innovation
- Priority Theme 2: Contribution to the Global Environment
- Priority Theme 3: Respect for Human Rights and Diversity
- Priority Theme 4: Collaboration with Business Partners
- Priority Theme 5: Harmony with Local Communities
- Priority Theme 6: Creating Safe and Healthy Workplaces
- Priority Theme 7: Reinforcement of Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Site Report
- Report Downloads
- Editorial Policy
- GRI Content Index
- ESG Data/Survey Index
- Communication on Progress（COP）
- External Recognition