We have used some parts of the GRI Standards (published in 2016 or 2018 and 2021), established by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), as a reference to determine the content and quality of this report. We have also determined the report content and topic boundaries by considering such factors as the organization’s activities and their impact, as well as substantive expectations and interests of stakeholders.
In particular, items that represent the Group’s significant impacts on the economy, environment and society, and that may have a substantial influence on stakeholders’ evaluations and decision-making, have been positioned as material issues in this report.
|for defining report content||
|for defining report quality||
We have finalized the boundaries of the content and the items in this report, taking into consideration factors including the organization’s activities, their impact, and substantial expectations and interest of stakeholders.
Reported herein are the Toyo Tire Group's important issues (materiality) for sustainability and achievements by our Group companies in Japan and abroad during fiscal 2022. Given the expectations and interests of stakeholders, we hereby report on our initiatives for materiality concerning matters through which, it is deemed, we exert a significant impact on the economy, the environment, and society, and which can have a substantive effect on evaluations and decision-making by stakeholders.
This report serves as a Communication on Progress (COP) through which we provide information on our efforts related to the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) and its principles.
In consideration of organizational governance, this report reports on the activities of Toyo Tire Corporation and Toyo Tire Group companies (affiliated companies excluding equity-method affiliates) among the entities included in the consolidated financial statements. doing.
In this report, Organization names in this report: Toyo Tire Corporation itself is referred to as “Toyo Tire Corporation” or “the Company”,
The entire Group is referred to as “TOYO TIRE,” “the Group” or “We”
Please refer to the Financial Results for the entities that are covered in the consolidated financial reports.
- * In June 2021, tire production was ended at our consolidated Malaysian subsidiary, Silverstone Berhad, and the necessary procedures have been carried out to dissolve the company. There have been consequent changes to the structures of relevant organizations and their supply chains, as well as in contracts with business partners.
Group Companies (consolidated subsidiaries): 37 consolidated subsidiaries *as of the end of December 2022
|Japan:||Fukushima Rubber Co., Ltd., Toyo Soflan Co., Ltd., Ayabe Toyo Rubber Co., Ltd., Toyo Tires Logistics Co., Ltd., Toyo Tire Japan Co., Ltd., Toyo Chemical Industrial Products Co., Ltd., Showa Estate Co., Ltd., Orient Machinery Co., Ltd.|
|Americas:||TTHA Group（TOYO TIRE HOLDINGS OF AMERICAS INC.、TOYO TIRE U.S.A. CORP.、NITTO TIRE U.S.A. CORP.、TOYO TIRE NORTH AMERICA OE SALES LLC、TOYO TIRE NORTH AMERICA MANUFACTURING INC.、TOYO AUTOMOTIVE PARTS (USA), INC.、TMM (USA), INC.） 、TOYO TIRE CANADA INC.、NT MEXICO S. DE R.L. DE C.V.、TOYO AUTOMOTIVE PARTS DE MEXICO, S.A. DE C.V.|
|Europe:||TTHE Group（TOYO TIRE HOLDINGS OF EUROPE GMBH、TOYO TIRE DEUTSCHLAND GMBH、TOYO TYRE (UK) LTD.、TOYO TIRE BENELUX B.V.、TOYO TIRE ITALIA S.P.A）、TOYO TIRE RUS LLC、TOYO TIRE SERBIA D.O.O.|
|Asia/Oceania:||TOYO TYRE AND RUBBER AUSTRALIA LTD., SILVERSTONE BERHAD, SILVERSTONE MARKETING SDN BHD, SILVERSTONE PLOYMER INDUSTRIES SDN BHD, TOYO TYRE MALAYSIA SDN BHD, TOYO TYRE SALES AND MARKETING MALAYSIA SDN BHD、TOYO RUBBER CHEMICAL PRODUCTS (THAILAND) LIMITED, TOYO TIRE (THAILAND) CO., LTD., TOYO TIRE (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD., TOYO TIRE ZHANGJIAGANG CO., LTD., TOYO TIRE (ZHUCHENG) CO., LTD., TOYO TIRE (ZHUCHENG) CO., LTD.|
From January 2022 to December 2022
- * Including some information outside the period.
Once a year
- * Previous Publish: September 2022
Approve the Report by the governance body
Approved by Sustainability Committee in July 2023
Contact point for questions regarding the report
Toyo Tire Corporation
ESG Promotion Dept., Corporate Infrastructure Division
- Message from the President
- TOYO TIRE Value creation
- TOYO TIRE Sustainability
- TOYO TIREʼs SDGs
TOYO TIRE Materiality
- Help create a society of sustainable mobility / Support the enjoyment of mobility for all
- Support diverse talent with motivating challenges and job satisfaction
- Continue innovating next-generation mobility technology
- Pursue decarbonization in all corporate activities
- Promote supply chain sustainability
- Ensure the fundamentals of manufacturing: quality and safety
Sustainability and ESG themes beyond the material issues
- E: Environment
- S: Upholding human rights
- S: Managing occupational health and safety to global standards
- S: Crisis management (responding resiliently to natural disasters, infections and other crises)
- S: Working with local communities (Helping solve local issues)
- G: Sound governance
- G: Compliance
- G: Information security
- G: Promoting digital transformation (borderless and centralized business management through ERP reform)
- Toyo Tire Group Charter of Corporate Behavior
- Toyo Tire Group Code of Conduct
- Site Report
- Report Library
- Editorial Policy
- GRI Content Index
- ESG Data/Survey Index
- Communication on Progress (CoP) Index
- External Recognition