TOYO TIRE Sustainability
- Sustainability Management Policy
- Sustainability Policy
- Activities for sustainability
- Sustainability promotion system and cycle
- Stakeholder Engagement
Sustainability Management Policy
Strongly aware that every action in our business is linked to society and the future, we will seek to fulfill our purpose by solving social issues through our corporate activities and creating social value.
- Identity based on our corporate philosophy
View all sustainability themes in connection with our philosophy and act in line with our corporate identity
- Medium-to long-term view
Identify the company’s opportunities and important risks as medium- to long-term material issues and address them
- Contribution to a sustainable society
Help solve social issues through our corporate activities based on our belief in social sustainability as a prerequisite for business growth
- Value creation cycle
Establish a cycle of increasing product and service value and investing profits in sources of further value creation
- Stakeholder collaboration
Collaborate with our supply chain, align with relevant organizations, and increase corporate value through dialogue
Activities for sustainability
Sustainability promotion system and cycle
In April 2021, we established the Sustainablity Committee — chaired by the President — under the jurisdiction of the Executive Committee, with the goal of strengthening and promoting our sustainability management. This committee deliberates and decides upon matters related to Group sustainability strategy and, following internal regulations, presents them to the Executive Committee for report to the Board of Directors. These decisions are then executed through each function in cooperation with other special committees, and progress is managed regularly. We have also formed cross-organizational task forces to investigate and promote specific targets and activity plans related to sustainability initiatives.
We consider the impact on the evaluation and decision-making of all stakeholders and examine the priority issues.
The significance of the Group in society is that we not only solve the issues requested by our stakeholders, but we also create surprise and new discoveries for society and contribute to enriching society. Through our opportunities for engagement with stakeholders, we strive to be accountable by communicating information accurately and clearly.
And we also check if we are providing business partners and customers with not only products and services, but also the excitement that exceeds their expectations through our various work.
List of stakeholder groups
|Raw materials /Purchasing
|Business partners (supplier*1)
|Shareholders & Investors, creditors, local communities, NGOs, government, business organizations*2, global environment
|R & D
|Employees, Co-researchers & Joint developers, Business Partners (Car Manufacturers)
|Employees, Business Partners (Logistics)
|Employees, customers (car manufacturers, dealers)
|Use /Waste recycling
- *1 Main supply chain elements: natural rubber farmers and wholesalers, synthetic rubber manufacturers, petrochemical product producers
- *2 TOYO TIRE or one of our group companies belongs to the following trade associations;
- Keidanren Japan Business Federation
- Japan Automobile Tyre Manufacturers Association (JATMA)
- The Japan Rubber Manufacturers Association (JRMA)
- U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA)
- The Tire Industry Association (TIA) *US
- The European Tyre and Rim Technical Organisation (ETRTO)
- The Malaysian Automotive Tyre Manufacturers Industry Group (FMM MATMIG)
- Thai Automobile Tyre Manufacturers Association (TATMA) *As an Extraordinary Corporate Member.
- China Rubber Industry Association (CRIA)
- The International Rubber Study Group (IRSG)
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- The Global Platform for Sustainable Natural Rubber (GPSNR)
- Japan Philanthropic Association *As Supporting member
- Global Compact Network Japan (GCNJ)
- Responding to changes in the business environment and social needs will create delight and surprise in our stakeholders beyond their expectations.
- We recognize the impact of our business on society and will share the rich blessings from the earth with our stakeholders into the future.
- We will fulfill our responsibility to respect human rights through our business activities and aim for a society in which all stakeholders can play an active role with diverse values.
- The entire supply chain will engage with diversifying social issues, as well as achieve sustainable procurement.
- Through dialogue and collaboration with stakeholders, we aim to resolve social issues and develop local communities by making use of the Group’s resources.
- As the responsibility of the company to all of its stakeholders, we will ensure safety and security in our business activities.
- We recognize our responsibility toward our various stakeholders and will ensure transparency in management and will pursue fairness within the organization.
Engagement approach example
|Providing product information at consultation counters / sites, satisfaction surveys, tours / meetings, etc.
|Supplier briefing sessions, questionnaires, consultation / reporting counters, information exchange by visiting, etc.
|Labor-management consultations, in-house newsletters, consultation / reporting counters, etc.
|Community contribution activities, business site tours, interviews and meetings with local governments and NGOs / NPOs
|General meeting of shareholders, investor interviews / meetings, information provision on IR sites, tours, etc.
We subscribe or endorse to the following initiatives;
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and Tire Industry Project (TIP)
- International Rubber Study Group (IRSG)
- Global Platform for Sustainable Natural Rubber (GPSNR)
- United Nation Global Compact (UNGC)
- Message from the President
- TOYO TIRE Value creation
- TOYO TIRE Sustainability
- TOYO TIREʼs SDGs
TOYO TIRE Materiality
- Help create a society of sustainable mobility / Support the enjoyment of mobility for all
- Support diverse talent with motivating challenges and job satisfaction
- Continue innovating next-generation mobility technology
- Pursue decarbonization in all corporate activities
- Promote supply chain sustainability
- Ensure the fundamentals of manufacturing: quality and safety
Sustainability and ESG themes beyond the material issues
- E: Environment
- S: Upholding human rights
- S: Managing occupational health and safety to global standards
- S: Crisis management (responding resiliently to natural disasters, infections and other crises)
- S: Working with local communities (Helping solve local issues)
- G: Sound governance
- G: Compliance
- G: Risk management
- G: Information security
- G: Promoting digital transformation (borderless and centralized business management through ERP reform)
- Toyo Tire Group Charter of Corporate Behavior
- Toyo Tire Group Code of Conduct
- Site Report
- Report Library
- Editorial Policy
- GRI Content Index
- ESG Data/Survey Index
- Communication on Progress (CoP) Index
- External Recognition