Priority Theme 5: Harmony with Local Communities
- Ideal Status in 2020
- TOYO TIRE’s SDGs (Ideal Status in 2030)
- Responsibilities (July 2019)
- Activity Promotion System (In Japan, July 2019)
- Grievance Mechanism
- Main Resources (Fiscal 2018)
- Activities in 2018
- Engagement with local communities
- Preserving biodiversity
- Support for Educating and Developing the Next-Generation Children
Directly：Local Communities, Environment
Indirectly：Shareholders and Investors, Creditors, NGOs
Reasons for being Priority Issues (Opportunity & Risk)
To become a company that is needed by society in the future, TOYO TIRE believes that it is important to aim at being a company that can share joy with everyone (stakeholders) who is involved in our business activities. It is our opinion that overcoming environmental problems, securing human resources, and the stable growth of local economies are vital to our continued growth in the future. To achieve this, we place importance on opportunities for dialogue with stakeholders, and position the resolution of issues in the local community and social issues through collaboration and contribution to the enrichment of society as issues that should be addressed with priority.
It is our opinion that overcoming environmental problems, securing human resources, and the stable growth of local economies are indispensable for our continued growth into the future.
Therefore, we will create common values with local communities by contributing to environmental protection to the extent that our business activities impact the environment, supporting education and development the next-generation children, and the growth of local communities by the Group’s resources and collaboration with stakeholders based on various forms of communication.
At production facilities that are expected to have a particularly significant impact on the environment as the scale of our business grows, we will make use of a precautionary approach to respond to the risk that our impact on biodiversity in surrounding areas will increase.
Ideal Status in 2020
Contributing to local community development while responding to stakeholders’ voices
TOYO TIRE’s SDGs (Ideal Status in 2030)
We will contribute to develop the whole world economy steadily by improving regional education and culture level through deployment of our resources.
We will resolve social issues through collaboration with stakeholders and aim to create common values.
Responsibilities (April 2020)
Corporate Officer & Vice President of Corporate Headquarters
Activity Promotion System (April 2020)
- *Affiliated companies promote social contribution activities according to social issues of each country and region.
TOYO TIRE belongs to the following trade associations:
- Reporting Hotline (Creating an Internal Control System) *Targets: Employees, Business Partners
- Customer Relations Department *Targets: Customers, Local Communities
- Inquiry Form (on the Website) *Targets: Customers, Shareholders and Investors, NGOs
- Interview with NGOs *Targets: Local Communities, NGO
Main Resources (Fiscal 2019)
- Subsidy expenses for environmental conservation activities (includes donations from employees to the Toyo Tire Group Environmental Protection Fund*; Japan only): about 12.68 million yen
- Subsidy expenses for raising next-generation children (non-consolidated): about 4.80 million yen
- Subsidy expenses for developing local communities (non-consolidated): about 24.78 million yen
- *Toyo Tire Group Environmental Protection Fund: A fund established in 1992 to support non-profit organizations that undertake activities to protect the environment in partnership with Toyo Tire Corporation, domestic affiliated companies that Toyo Tire Corporation, has at least a 50% stake in, and corporate officers and employee of those companies, etc. Gift matching system under which the company contributes the same amount of money donated by employees.
Activities in 2019
- Message from the President
- CSR Policy
- Value Chain and SDGs
- Priority Theme 1: Product and Service Reliability and Innovation
- Priority Theme 2: Contribution to the Global Environment
- Priority Theme 3: Respect for Human Rights and Diversity
- Priority Theme 4: Collaboration with Business Partners
- Priority Theme 5: Harmony with Local Communities
- Priority Theme 6: Creating Safe and Healthy Workplaces
- Priority Theme 7: Reinforcement of Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Site Report
- Report Downloads
- Editorial Policy
- GRI Content Index
- ESG Data/Survey Index
- Communication on Progress（COP）
- External Recognition