Respect for Human Rights and Diversity
- Issues to be addressed
- Guiding Policies
- TOYO TIRE’s SDGs (Ideal Status in 2030)
- Responsibilities (April 2021)
- Activity Promotion System (April 2021)
- Grievance Mechanism
- Activities in 2020
Issues to be addressed
- Fulfilling responsibility to respect human rights
- Creating an environment that enhances the motivation of diverse human resource
For TOYO TIRE to grow as a global company in the future, we believe it is important to understand the diversification of our stakeholders. And we must respond in good faith to diversifying needs while having the consideration. To create this environment, it is important to build an organization that can make the most of the personalities and values of people from various backgrounds and enable them to demonstrate their capabilities. So, we support and respect international norms, reduces the risk of business activities negatively impacting human rights, as well as positions opportunities to support and promote the benefits of human rights as issues that should be addressed with priority.
Directly: Employees, Local Communities, Business Partners
Indirectly: Shareholders and Investors, Creditors, NGOs, Business Organizations
We respect international norms concerning human rights and labor practices, such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the ILO Declaration, and the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC). In our Charter of Corporate Behavior, we set forth the principles for faithfully conducting business activities, including the responsibility for respecting human rights and realizing a satisfactory workplace environment. In the Global Human Rights & Labor Policy, we also made clear our commitment to respecting human rights to the extent that they impact the Group's business activities. Likewise, our commitment to addressing human rights issues in the supply chain in collaboration with business partners is clearly stated in the Toyo Tire Group CSR Procurement Guidelines and the Sustainable Natural Rubber Procurement Policy. These policies and guidelines also mandate respect for the rights of local residents and the cultures and customs of their communities.
Global Human Rights & Labor Policy
TOYO TIRE’s SDGs (Ideal Status in 2030)
We will contribute;
- - to create a society where diverse peoples are able to get equal opportunities and play an active role by providing work environment that employees can continue to challenge with peace of mind.
- - to create a society where SDGs become mainstream through developing human resources to support sustainable development of the world.
- - to promote local employment and to develop and stabilize the local economy by strengthening global network.
We respect human rights in the workplace and work to eliminate all forms of discrimination and to promote diversity.
Responsibilities (April 2021)
Director, Corporate Officer & Vice President of Corporate Headquarters
Activity Promotion System (April 2021)
Annual policies, targets, and plans related to occupational health and safety are decided and the progress of the plan is evaluated and improved at the Company-wide Safety and Health Conference held jointly with the labor union. The Conference is chaired by a director in charge of quality, environment and safety.
*Toyo Tire Corp.
- *Affiliated companies, the HR and General Affairs manager of each company promotes activities based on the group policy.
TOYO TIRE belongs to the following trade associations:
- Reporting Hotline (Creating an Internal Control System) *Targets: Employees, Business Partners
- Customer Relations Department *Targets: Customers, Local Communities
- Inquiry Form (on the Website) *Targets: Customers, Shareholders and Investors, NGOs
- Labor-Management Council Meetings *Targets: Employees
Activities in 2020
- Message from the President
- TOYO TIRE Sustainability
- TOYO TIREʼs SDGs
TOYO TIRE Materiality
- Help create a society of sustainable mobility / Support the enjoyment of mobility for all
- Support diverse talent with motivating challenges and job satisfaction
- Continue innovating next-generation mobility technology
- Pursue decarbonization in all corporate activities
- Promote supply chain sustainability
- Ensure the fundamentals of manufacturing: quality and safety
Sustainability and ESG themes beyond the material issues
- E: Environmental
- S: Upholding human rights
- S: Managing occupational health and safety to global standards
- S: Crisis management (responding resiliently to natural disasters, infections and other crises)
- S: Working with local communities (Helping solve local issues)
- G: Sound governance
- G: Compliance
- G: Information security
- G: Promoting DX (Achieving borderless and centralized management through ERP reform)
- Toyo Tire Group Charter of Corporate Behavior
- Toyo Tire Group Code of Conduct
- Site Report
- Report Downloads
- Editorial Policy
- GRI Content Index
- ESG Data/Survey Index
- Communication on Progress (CoP) Index
- External Recognition